book appointment to apply for travel documents
you can make use of this online service to make an appointment to apply for a hksar passport at the immigration headquarters or to apply for the following travel documents at any of the immigration branch offices –
- hksar passport
- hksar re-entry permit
- hksar document of identity for visa purposes
you can save queuing time in immigration offices by making advance booking within 24 working days. you can also change, cancel or enquire about the appointment you have made. this article will tell you what you should know before using the online booking service.
online appointment booking
if you know what information is required, you can now click the appropriate link below to make your appointment. otherwise, please check for the details in the paragraphs below.
change, cancel or enquire about the appointment:
if you wish to change, cancel or enquire about the appointment, please click the above appointment booking link.
how to start
- for applicants with hong kong identity (hkid) cards, please enter your existing hkid card number and your date of birth. if you are making an appointment for a child, please enter the child's existing hkid card number and your date of birth;
- for a child without hkid card, the parent / guardian should enter the
- hkid card number and your date of birth of the applying guardian (i.e. the parent/guardian who is going to sign the application form of the child and accompany him/her to apply) and date of birth of the child; or
- if the child's birth has been registered, the child's hong kong birth certificate number with its date of registration and the date of birth of the child;
- for newborn babies whose mother is a hong kong identity (hkid) card holder, please enter the hkid card number of the mother and the date of birth of the baby. information input must match with the birth return of the hospital;
- for newborn babies whose births have not been registered and whose parents do not hold a hkid card, please enter the last six digits of the mother's travel document number and the child's date of birth, which must match with the birth return of the hospital;
- you may book an appointment for up to 4 applicants, with a maximum of 4 applications. applicants of the same appointment should turn up at the chosen office together at the selected time slot;
- in one booking, you can make appointment for up to two types of travel documents (e.g. hksar passport & hksar re-entry permit);
- for each type of travel document to be applied, you are only required to make one appointment booking for your multiple birth babies; and
- for security purpose, you have to enter a 4-digit enquiry code which you set personally for subsequent change, cancel or enquiry of your appointment.
(please also take note of the guidelines for appointment)
guidelines for appointment
- if the information provided for making an appointment is incorrect, the appointment will be automatically deleted from the system without further notice.
- you can make an appointment for the following 24 working days (monday to saturday, except general holidays). the result of booking is subject to availability of quota of each office. you can only make one appointment within the 24-working-day period.
- when a successful appointment is made and you have chosen to receive an appointment reminder, an email reminder will be sent to the email address you provided 2 days before the appointment day. you can change your email address or cancel the reminder at least 3 days before the appointment day.
- after an appointment is made, you may change / cancel the appointment at least 1 day before the appointment date. for changing an appointment, the earliest day will be on next working day (monday to saturday, except general holidays) of the date of changing the appointment. in view of the limited appointment quotas, please change or cancel your appointment at least 1 day before the appointment day if you are not able to attend.
- if you choose to input the travel document number, please only input numerals of your travel document number. if your travel document number is more than six digits, please enter the last six digits. if it is less than six digits, please add leading zeros to make up six digits. for example, input '001023' for travel document number 'ab/10-23-cd'.
- the births returns from hospitals are updated daily at 12:00 midnight.
supporting documents to take with you
you should bring along the supporting documents to your appointment according to what kind of travel document you are going to apply for. please refer to the following links for more information.more information on hksar passportmore information on hksar re-entry permitmore information on hksar document of identity for visa purposes
booking through immigration department mobiles application or by phones
besides the online booking system, you can also make an appointment through immigration department mobiles application or via the 24-hour telephones booking system at (852) 2598 0888.
immigration offices for travel document applications
please refer to the following link for the addresses and working hours of immigration offices for travel document applications.addresses and working hours of immigration offices at immigration headquartersaddresses and working hours of immigration offices at immigration branch offices
assistance and further information
if you need assistance in using the online service, you can call the immigration e-services hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.
for general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111, fax (852) 2877 7711, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
further information on this service is also available in a set of helpful frequently asked questions (faqs).faqs about online appointment booking for application for travel documents